UppTalk (aka Yuilop) is a very famous multi platform mobile voip application. Yuilop came into picture just a few years back and has already created a buzz in mobile voip industry. With the recent re branding of Yuilop 2.0 to UppTalk, the app has come up with more features.
UppTalk is being liked by huge number of people all over the world. It already has more than 5.5 million users all over the world. What distinguishes it from traditional and most popular applications like Skype and Viber, is that it allows you to make free calls to people who are not using this application. That is it allows you to call anyone on any phone (mobile or landline) for free.
Yuilop application is currently available for Android, iPhone, Windows and Blackberry devices. Sadly this Yuilop application is not available for your computer. That is no official application for PC. A lot of people mailed me to write a tutorial on how they can use Yuilop application on their computer. So in this article I am going to write a tutorial for the same.
Why to use Yuilop aka UppTalk
Before you actually go on with the tutorial, it will be better to know about the features that this application provides. Please read following:
- Introduction to Yuilop
- Yuilop 2.0 renamed to UppTalk – What’s changed
- How to earn credit with Yuilop – Please note that you can earn free credit from UppTalk by completing a few promotional offers. For example you can install a game on your phone and instantly earn 50 credits for it. Now you can use this credit to make international calls. The call rates (credits consumed for a call) varies on the country you are calling
- UppTalk call rates
Installing Yuilop/UppTalk on your PC
Please note that Yuilop is a mobile application, however by just following simple steps you will be able to install Yuilop on your computer. Firstly a few requirements:
- Computer – Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Connection (broadband) on your computer
- PC with 2 GB of ram – in short a fast computer
- Microphone and Speakers – to talk and listen with others
How does it work: UppTalk/Yuilop is available for android mobile – so if we somehow run Android on our computer then we will be able to use android apps on your PC (laptop or desktop) including Yuilop. I will first install an android emulator on my computer – here we are relying on the very famous android emulator named “BlueStacks“. Once we install this piece of software (Bluestacks) – we will be able to run any android application on our computer. Android emulator’s are simple software which can give you feel of android mobile phone directly on your PC. Just follow the steps listed below and you will be running Yuilop on PC.
Step1: Visit Bluestacks.com and download the application for your computer. Choose windows app or Mac app. Double click the installer file (.exe) and install the application on your computer.
Step2: Install the application. Please note the between the installation it may give blank screen at times, don’t worry its part of installation.
Step3: Its time to start the application and explore all the features.
Installing Yuilop on BlueStacks
Once you have the bluestacks android app player on your computer, you simply need to install Yuilop app on it. Its quite simple. Follow the below steps
- Open BlueStacks Android Emulator which you have installed on your computer.
- On the home screen of BlueStacks you will see a search icon where you can search for particular application. Click the search icon and type “UppTalk”. If nothing appears search for “Yuilop”
- This will list down various Yuilop options (in three different columns). Though you have option to select any app, however I would suggest you to select the leftmost app from Amazon.
- Click on Install Yuilop and this will install it on your PC
- Once downloaded, it will be visible in the “My Apps” Gallery (comes up when you click the home button). Click Yuilop App in My Apps to open this application
Using this is quite simple – just as you use it on your mobile phone. Read this tutorial on how you can use UppTalk application to make calls.