Yuilop aka UppTalk is growing pretty big. It already has more than 5 million of customers (app downloads) and the number is growing everyday. UppTalk is famous mainly because of its features – free calls and text messages to other Yuilop users, free calls to US and Canada, UK and Germany, Earn credit and use this credit for international calling. These features distinguishes this from other voip applications. You can use this application from more than 200 countries. All you need is a smartphone and internet facility in your phone. Once you have Yuilop installed in your phone, you can make calls from it.
The app works as long as you are connected to internet (wifi or 3g). It doesn’t matter if you are traveling, all you need is internet. Now that said, you can use this app for international calls and text messages. The feature in which I got most interested is earn credits and use it to make international calls. I have some relatives living in Europe and Australia (unfortunately they are not using any voip application). I call them regularly and end up paying too much money on these international calls.
Moreover I want to call locally in India as well. As we have already mentioned in the app review that UppTalk credit can be used to make international calls.
Earn UppTalk Credit by:
- Referring friends to UppTalk and get 10 credits when they sign up
- Watching partner sponsored ads
Use UppTalk Credit by:
- Calling a non-UppTalk user (per minute)
- Sending an SMS to a non-UppTalk user (per message)
The question is how much credit you have to pay in order to make these calls. In simple terms, what is the calling rate of UppTalk (aka Yuilop).
Where to check the Yuilop call rates
- From the app itself installed on your mobile
Free Calls with UppTalk
- Free Calls and text messages to USA (Mobile and Landline)
- Free Calls and text messages to Canada (Mobile and Landline)
- Free Calls to UK Landline: Some people have reported that if you use this application in UK itself and call the UK landline (without country code 0044), then it assumes the call to be a local call. This local call to UK landline (without using 0044) is free. This has worked for some people and failed for some people. Upptalk response on this “When you get an UppTalk number you have unlimited calls to any UK landline and unlimited calls and SMS to the United States (these numbers are available in the U.S., UK, Germany and Spain).”
- Free Calls to German Landlines
The free call offer is only for users with UppTalk numbers. Right now the numbers are available in US, UK, Spain and Germany. If you are in any of those countries and you get your UppTalk number you have unlimited Calls & SMS to any phone in the US. Plus:
For US users: Free Calls and Text to US & Canada – mobile and landlines.
For UK users: unlimited calls to any UK landline.
For German users: unlimited calls to any german landline and unlimited SMS to any German number.
Full Yuilop/UppTalk Call Rates
|Country||Call Rate To a landline (credits/min)||Call Rate To a Mobile (credits/min)||SMS Rate (credits)|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||8||25||2|
|Central African Republic||18||25||1|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||18||22||3|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||8||16||3|
|Trinidad and Tobago||5||13||2|
|United Arab Emirates||11||15||1|