Windows mobile operating system is a relatively new mobile OS and less popular among people. If you check the number of application available for iPhone or Android Mobiles, then windows mobile stands nowhere. However windows is the most popular operating system for personal computers and after Microsoft acquiring over Nokia, we can expect windows mobile to get popular.
If you have bought a new windows mobile assuming that you will be able to do all the tasts like text chatting, voice calling and video chatting with friends then you have not made such a bad decision. Windows Mobile may have its own set of unique features, and surely there are applications which allow you free text chatting, voice messaging and calling, group chatting and video calls.
Video calling with friends (or with multiple friends at same time) is the most awesome way to connect with them. In order to make video calls from your windows phone you will need to install voip applications compatible with your phone. In this article we will discuss every aspect of video calling using your Windows Mobile phone. If you are using unlimited internet plan (or a cheap internet plan), then your actual video call cost is almost free. The data consumed in a video call is very less and thus the cost is effectively zero. But please make sure that you are using high speed internet on your phone (wifi or 3g).
Windows Mobile Requirements to Make Video Calls
- Your Windows Mobile should be having a secondary front facing camera. This is a must for video calling. You can though use back camera for video calls, but then its difficult to use to focus yourself and thus not suitable for video calling.
- Should work on Nokia Lumia Range of windows mobiles
- You will need to use a voip application which supports video calling.
The third point is the major bottleneck, as very less video calling application are available for windows mobile operating system. Also note that person you are calling also needs to have video calling facility (may be on his computer or mobile whichever he has) and has the same app installed, then only you will be able to see the other person.
- Make sure that your friend is using same Video calling application. He can use this application on any mobile (Android, Windows, Symbian, Blackberry or any other) or tablet or computer or just any other device which supports video calling.
- Cheap International calls: Though you can make video calls to the person who is using the same app, however you can even make cheap international calls (voice calls and not video) to a person who may not be using smartphone or this particular voip application.
App Review Link: http://voipnina.com/tango-review-free-video-calls-from-mobile-phone/
App Download Link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/fe30c379-d111-427d-894f-dc3bfa0ec371
Tango offers free video calls from Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile and Desktop. Its a widely popular app with more than 600 million downloads. It also offers free voice calls and text messages. The video call quality is also really good, so its a must try from my side.
App Review Link: http://voipnina.com/skype-reviews-look-at-all-skype-features/
App Download Link: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=c3f8e570-68b3-4d6a-bdbb-c0a3f4360a51
Skype is one of the most widely used voip service for making video calls. It has application for computer, android, iPhone, Blackberry and windows mobile. Most of your friends may already be using Skype app so making calls is easy and free. The video call quality is also pretty great. It also offers free voice calls and text messages. Its a must try app.