ActionVoip is a betamax voip provider, used by large number of people all over the world. Just like other betamax services (its parent company), ActionVoip also offers highly cheap international calling rates making the service very lucrative. Not only it offers cheap call rates, it also offers so many ways to make calls.
You can download and use ActionVoip software on your computer, your mobile phone (be it android, iPhone, Windows or any other type of mobile phone), your voip hardware using its SIP settings or even from your tablet. So if ActionVoip is having such huge set of features and cheap rates, should this be your permanent call service provider ?
Please note that when zeroing on any voip service, huge feature list or cheap rates should not be the only criteria. This article is a complete ActionVoip review and we will try to look at it from various angles. This article should help you decide whether you should be going for ActionVoip or not.
ActionVoip International Call Rates
Calling rates is always the first thing we should check. If the call rates are very high and non competitive then the service should be ruled out straight away, as our primary aim is to save some money (else we would have used our normal telecom provider and not voip services).
- ActionVoip does not offer cheap rates for all destinations.
- Calling some countries can prove very costly with ActionVoip
- To make sure the rates are competitive – either compare the rates with Skype/Rebtel/Normal Telecom service or let us know the country you want to call (in the comments) and we will be happy to help.
- So if ActionVoip rates are higher (for the country you want to call) than Skype or any other trusted service, then just exit and search for new voip service.
- Check Rates here : http://www.actionvoip.com/rates
- Make sure you are checking the rates inclusive of taxes and comparing in the right currency (USD vs USD)
|Country Name||Calling Rates (USD per min)|
|Mexico Mobile||11.8 cents|
|Philippines (Mobile)||15.7 cents|
|Sri Lanka||12.2 cents|
|Slovakia Republic (Mobile)||10.09 cents|
|Russia Mobile||8.5 cents|
|Portugal Mobile||9.3 cents|
|South Korea Mobile||3.1 cents|
How to use ActionVoip
Next thing to be taken into consideration is ease of usage. Lets see how can we use ActionVoip.
ActionVoip for Windows Computer
Here is the download link for ActionVoip software on Windows PC
ActionVoip for Mac PC
Use this voipconnect client (software) for your Mac. Its a free universal Dellmont VoipConnect for both windows and Mac. After you’ve installed the client, please use your ActionVoip credentials to log in.
- Download Link -: http://www.voipconnect.com/
Download ActionVoip for Mobile Phones
You can use Actionvoip in various ways, choose one of the options below to start using Actionvoip for cheap calls from your Mobile device.
You can download Actionvoip app on your iPhone, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Android phone or Symbian phone.
Choose your mobile device:
Use a cheap local access number instead of the expensive international number you‘re trying to reach.
These sip settings enables you to use ActionVoip on nimbuzz and other sip clients on computer or android.
- SIP port : 5060
- Registrar : sip.actionvoip.com
- Proxy server : sip.actionvoip.com
- Outbound proxy server : leave empty
- Account name : your Actionvoip username
- Password : your Actionvoip password
- Display name/number : your Actionvoip username or voipnumber
- Stunserver (option) : stun.actionvoip.com
If you don‘t want to install Actionvoip software, you can set up a Actionvoip call directly, Actionvoip offers an in-browser solution for calling.
- Browser Link – Phone-2-Phone
ActionVoip Customer Care
ActionVoip is a betamax service so expect absolutely no customer service. This is a big negative point for actionvoip (or any other delmont sarl/betamax service). It often happens that you face issues when using a new voip service/telecom/calling card etc so it is important that the service has good customer service.
- Even if you are okay with no customer service then please make sure you BUY Minimum Credit, say only $5 or $10 !
Any Other thing you should know
- ActionVoip has tendency to change calling rates without notice. Lets say you bought credit worth $50 assuming that call rate to India is 1 cent per min and it is very cheap. It could be possible that next day the call rate is increased to 5 cent per min and you will not be able to do anything! That’s the sad story with betamax services.
- Call Quality – I have personally tried this service, the call quality is okay types (not too good like Skype/Rebtel).
- If you want to know anything else on ActionVoip, please let us know in the comment section and we will be happy to help.